Teaching Activities of the CESU
The CESU takes part in:
- the initial formation of the Ambulance man Competence (DA).
The formation lasts three months after pre selection (March 21,1989 decree). In Nice, several sessions are organized per annum. Practical training courses make possible to put the DA, in real situation, the gesture learned with the CESU;
- the DA permanent formation (former CCA) of the SMUR of Nice. Three times a year, two days are organized for the SMUR CCA titulars of the Adaptation Formation to Employment (FAE) with the recall of the conduits to be held, specific to the activity of a SMUR ambulance driver;
- the teaching of the Disaster Medicine capacity (CMC) opened to the medicine doctors after success of a probatory. It includes five seminars of five days associating theoretical lesson in the form of resolution of clinical cases and lesson directed on the medical urgencies, supplemented by training courses in wards and a setting in situation during an operation on the ground. It trains 25 doctors with the urgency per annum, intra and extra-hospital;
- the teaching of University Diplomas of Care emergency Male nurses (DUSIU) opened to the male nurses. It includes three seminars of five days associating theoretical lessons and practical lessons directed on the medical emergencies and a setting in situation during an operation on the ground. It trains 20 nurses with the emergency per annum, intra and extra-hospital;
- the teaching of the emergency gestures, the medical students of PCEM 1 (after admission in PCEM 2) and of DCEM 1 are exempted according to the objectives of the lessons provided in III-11 of Section III of the annex to march 3, 2006 decree. After this formation, a Certificate of Formation to First aid is delivered (PSC1 by approval) to the students having validated the training;
- the national program “To learn how to provide emergency help to a school” in partnership with National education (EN), DGS/SQ2/GD/N° 756, note of the July 22,1997, on the training of the elementary gestures of first aid in the school establishments. The technical Council of the SAMU-CESU. The medical team of the CESU works actively with the departmental actors of National education (promotion Service of health in favour of the high ones, education advisers, institute of training of the Masters, inspection of Academy). The re-training of the unit of the departemental health school for nurses was initially carried out. The annual formation currently concerns 100 teachers of the University Institute of Training of Masters (IUFM). Since January 1998, at the request of the Ministries for Health and National education, the CESU have the role, within a new lawful framework, to be an expert and adviser near the Inspection of Academy and the IUFM to set up an activity of information and training near the teachers relating to the training of the master students throughout the course of the primary school, of the elementary gestures of survival and the conduits to be held in the event of emergency during three meetings per annum of 3 hours;
- the training of Assistants Medical Regulation (ARM) of the CRRA of the SAMU 06 according to the Circular n° 93 of the October 27,1995 (reactivated in 2004);
- the installation of the SAMU corresponding doctors training, which constitutes relays in the dealing of the vital emergency (Circular n° 195/DHOS/O1/2003 of the April 16,2003 relating to the assumption of responsibility of the urgencies). These doctors (liberal doctors, SMUR doctors or firemen doctors) are trained in emergency aide. This training is given under the authority of the teaching hospital service of reference, in connection with the SAMU, the centers of teaching of the emergency care (CESU) as well as the services of the emergencies and the SMUR, privileged grounds of training courses. Minimum equipment, in telecommunications and materials of reanimation, in particular a defibrillator, must be placed at the disposal of the doctors, who must be trained with his use and the emergency gestures;
- the delivery of the “training certificate to the use of the semi-automatic defibrillator”, with the competent personnel (graduated nurses of state (IDE), physiotherapists, first-aid workers holders of the training Certificate to the Activities of First aid in team (CFAPSE) or training certificate to the Activities of First aid with Material (CFAPASM) and ambulance men holders of the CCA), such as it is defined by the February 4, 1999 decree.
- the organization of the "Certificate of Training in Gestures and Emergency Care" (AFGSU), training in emergency procedures established by the circular of May 30, 2006. The AFGSU is aimed at all staff working within a health facility or a medical social structure. CESU personnel (doctors, nurses, aides, ambulance) is to teach and deliver this new training.
The certificate of training actions and emergency care includes:
This program teaching and emergency care is already mandatory for laboratory technicians who practice home sampling. Those in training have a derogation period of 1 year to get that degree. From 2008, the AFGSU must be implemented in the training institutes of nurse's aide, auxiliary childcare. To date, in care facilities, training is recommended but not mandatory. The AFGSU is issued under the responsibility of the Education Center of Emergency Care (CESU). They will not insure themselves systematically all the training but may delegate this training to teachers of health professionals. The CESU will monitor the training of such personnel, updating of knowledge related to scientific advice and ensure the quality teaching on the subject. These health professionals may belong to structures already involved in training for emergency actions in health facilities and / or training institutes, public or private. The validity of the certificate of training actions and Emergency Care Level 1 and 2 is four years.
- Level 1 is intended for any personal, administrative or otherwise, devoted to work (or performing) in a health facility or a medical social structure. No condition is required for access to training. The objective is the acquisition of knowledge needed to identify an emergency medical nature and its support until the arrival of the medical team.
- Level 2 aimed at health professionals enrolled in Part IV of the Code of Public Health. The objective is the acquisition of knowledge needed to identify an emergency medical nature and its management team, using noninvasive techniques to await the arrival of the medical team (use carriage emergency immobilization equipment…).
- Risks NRBC (nuclear, radiological, biological, chemical) for healthcare professionals, found medically fit recorded in the fourth part of the code of public health, voluntary or requested by the health facilities. The objective is the acquisition of knowledge necessary for participation suited to crisis management in situations of health risks NRBC. (apply the procedures of individual and collective protection for CBRN risks, participate in the decon line.). Sensitization is carried out in level 1 and then an apprenticeship in level 2.
For these formations, the academic staff is composed of:
- doctors of the SAMU;
- and of monitors (graduated nurses…) of the CESU.
CESU offers training tailored to meet your expectations and requirements of the legislature, regardless of your work:
- Disaster medicine. Training that prepares physicians to respond to the scene of accidents or natural disasters, technological or societal conflicts or accidents resulting in casualties and damage in number to participate in the organization of rescue and medical/surgical of "mass" under a doctrine of pre-established: recognize major distress, assess their severity, determining treatment priorities and begin initial management.
It can acquire a true culture of disaster risk that is different from that of the implementation of emergency care daily.
This course is specifically for doctors having activities in fire departments and emergency physicians'contractual Marine Firemen, doctors and ambulance SMUR and doctors involved in the activity of emergency structures.
It lasts a year and also the theoretical will result in a half day practical exercise scenario for all candidates with logistical support from the UIISC7 Brignoles.
- Emergency Nursing (DUSIU). It aims to enable the control and practical know-how of the emergency medicine nurses Firefighters and those engaged in pre-hospital or emergency areas. It validates, after the university degree, the level AFGSU 2.
It is open to nurses holding a State diploma nurses, French or foreign (with the common practice of the French Language).
- Nursing in disaster situations (DUSIC). This diploma allows nursing managers and nurses to integrate into an organization in disaster relief. It validates the AFGSU specialist.
It is open to nursing graduates of state of French nurse, or abroad (with practice of the French language), holder of the ED nurse anesthetist, University Diploma in Nursing Emergency or oxyologie, or those who can demonstrate a practical experience in emergency service or SMUR.
Training for staff of health facilities or medico-social
- AFGSU. This short course, is the rapid transfer of knowledge, adapted to the world of health professionals.
It is mandatory for all staff working within a health facility or a medical social structure out of training since March 2006. It is integrated into the curriculum of nursing education.
It is compulsory to attend the diploma of nurse's aide, to become auxiliary ambulance (level 2) and for persons holding a certificate of sampler (person performing the blood samples for laboratory analysis).
Training in first aid
- PSC 1. The CESU, holder of the authorization first aid from the Ministry of Health is authorized to issue certificates of qualification "National Civic Prevention and Rescue Level 1.
This training allows a limited time to learn, in different situations of distress, to carry out first aid. This training is essentially practical and replaces the AFPS.